What does the industry have to offer?
At the core of all business is Accounting, with opportunities across both public and private sectors. If you are well organised, self motivated and are able to communicate with others this could be the apprenticeship for you. Career opportunities are available in Accountancy firms and finance departments of organisations. The duties you will perform will vary depending upon the type of company you work for.
What is an Apprenticeship in Accountancy?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. The progression opportunities are endless, you may become a qualified Accountant leading a finance department or owning your own business.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to have 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above as a minimum, including maths or relevant number of years working within an accountancy role. You will need to be interested in working with figures, enjoy problem solving, be prepared to work hard, learn varied tasks and work effectively as part of a team and individually.
What will I do?
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Preparing accounts
- Using IT and a range of software packages
- Managing purchase and sales ledgers
- Accurately recording financial transactions
- Supply information for managing the business
- Team work and problem solving
- Making and recording payments
What qualifications will I gain?
AAT Accountancy Levels 2, 3 and 4 as well as qualifications in English and mathematics.
- Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- Diploma in Accounting Level 3
- Diploma in Accounting Level 4 (Higher Apprenticeship)
How will CWT support you to gain your qualifications?
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange and pay for day release at CWT
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to guide and support you
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
Accountancy Apprenticeships are available at two levels with many progression opportunities. Depending upon your GCSE results, you will start at an appropriate level and move on from there. Apprenticeship (Level 2) takes, on average, 12 months to achieve with the Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) taking a further 12 months and a Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) a further 12 months.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact us on 024 7623 1122 or apply online.
Click here to view success stories.
View the latest Apprenticeship vacancies here.
Business & Professional Services Newsletters
Download the February 2014 Business & Professional Services Newsletter here