What does the industry have to offer?
At the heart of every successful business is effective administration; so if you are seeking employment or currently working in an administrative role, then CWT can provide you with comprehensive training to develop your CV, skills and qualifications whilst you gain experience and earn a salary. Business Administration provides a diverse range of opportunities, operating in all types of businesses; many of which can develop into managerial positions. Constant progress and change within the work place will mean that you will always learn something new and have the opportunity to work as part of a team.
What is an Apprenticeship in Business Administration?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people with an interest in Business Administration and may include customer service advisors, personal assistants, project administrator, data analysis, client services administrator, receptionists and many more.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to be able to work individually and as part of a team, producing high quality work to meet agreed targets. You will need to be well organised, apply good communication skills as well as effectively use a range of software packages and IT. Depending on prior qualifications or number of years work experience within an Administration role we will recommend an appropriate starting point.
What will I do?
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Work in a business environment
- Manage customer relations
- Manage diary systems
- Deal with visitors
- Store and retrieve information
- Use information technology, including word processing, database and spreadsheets
- Use a telephone system for business calls
- Produce business documentation
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 4 HNC in Business
- Qualifications in English, mathematics and IT
How will CWT support you to gain your qualifications?
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange and pay for day release at CWT
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to guide and support you
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
Business Administration Apprenticeship at Level 2 will take approximately 12 months to complete; with a following 12 to 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact us on 024 7623 1122 or apply online.
Click here to view success stories.
View the latest Apprenticeship vacancies here.
Business & Professional Services Newsletters
Download the September 2015 Business & Professional Services Newsletter here