What does the industry have to offer?
The childcare industry is rapidly growing and offers many opportunities. It is one of the most rewarding and satisfying areas to work in due to the responsibility and dedication that is required to achieve the high standards that are expected.
What is an Apprenticeship in Childcare?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people with an interest in working with Early Years and is aimed at those who want to work or are already working in the childcare industry, including assistants in nurseries, schools or crèches and class room assistants.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to be able to be calm, friendly, helpful, organised and able to use your own initiative. You will need to be prepared for hard work, learn varied tasks, be flexible and possess good communication skills. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your child care qualification.
What will I do?
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Understand how to Safeguard the well being of Children & Young People
- Interact and respond with Children and Adults
- Support children’s Speech, Language and Communication
- Care for the Physical and Nutritional needs of Babies and Young Children
- Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Promote Learning and Development in the Early Years
What qualifications will I gain?
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young People`s Workforce
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Advanced Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People`s Workforce
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People`s Workforce
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)
- Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)
- Paediatric First Aid
- Progression Award in Early Years Care
- Qualifications in English, mathematics and IT
How will CWT support you to gain your qualifications?
- Appoint a designated Training Advisor to guide and support you
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange and pay for day release at CWT to develop your knowledge
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PTLS (Personal Thinking and Learning Skills)
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
Apprenticeship at level 2 will take approximately 12 months to complete; with a following 14 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3. Due to the sensitive nature of work a police CRB check will be completed in line with required regulations.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact Sophie Florance on 02476 231122 or apply online today.
Click here to view our success stories
Early Years Care Newsletters
Download the October 2015 Early Years Care Newsletter here