What does the industry have to offer?
Every successful business today recognises the key to success is exemplary customer service. Opportunities in customer service are many and varied including all situations where front line customer interaction is involved. The customer service duties you will perform will vary greatly depending on the type of organisation that employs you, whether that is a small local business or a multi-national company.
What is an Apprenticeship in Customer Service?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognized qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people with an interest in working in customer support, telephone advisers, sales advisers and consultants.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to be able to be friendly and approachable, helpful, smart, organized and customer focused. You will need to be prepared for hard work, be involved in varied tasks, be flexible and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team. As the industry is based around handling customers, you will need to want to develop good communication skills and personal effectiveness. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your career in Customer Service.
What will I do?
- Communicate with customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Create positive impressions
- Identify and resolve problems for customers
- Promote products and services to customers
What qualifications will I gain?
- Customer Service NVQ Levels 2 and 3
- Certificate in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in English, maths and IT
How will C&W Chamber Training support you to gain your qualifications?
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange for day release at C&W Chamber Training (dependent on your job role)
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to guide and support you
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
A Customer Service Apprenticeship at NVQ level 2 will take approximately 14 months to complete; with a following 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at NVQ level 3.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact Nicky Cheshire on
02476 231122 or apply online today.