What does the industry have to offer?
The opportunities in hairdressing are endless for individuals with artistic flair and technical expertise. The secret behind a good hairdresser is good quality training. Opportunities for owning your own business or travelling the world are endless.
What is an Apprenticeship in Hairdressing?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to be creative, imaginative and dedicated, as well as able to work under pressure to deliver excellent customer service and results. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point. You will cover the essential skills required to become a skilled, qualified hairdresser, gaining your City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing before progressing on to the role of senior salon stylist and Level 3 NVQ Diploma.
What will I do?
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Choosing and applying colours to hair
- Fashion cutting and design
- Blowing and styling
- Long hair design
- Modern perming techniques
- Understanding products and their use
- Work as a team with senior stylists
- Customer service and communication skills
- Booking appointments and taking payments
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Qualifications in English and mathematics
- Additional opportunities available in fashion techniques, colouring, entering styling competitions, exhibition visits and wedding design.
How will CWT support you to gain your qualifications?
- Appoint a designated Training Advisor to guide and support you
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange and pay for day release at CWT to develop your knowledge
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
A Hairdressing Apprenticeship at level 2 will take approximately 18 months to complete; with a following 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3.
For information contact us on 024 7623 1122 or apply online
Hairdressing Apprenticeship Newsletters
- Download the October 2015 Hairdressing Newsletter here
- Download the December 2015 Hairdressing Newsletter here