What does the industry have to offer?
The Information Technology industry has seen the biggest growth of all industries over recent years. It is an industry that is continuously developing and evolving through new technologies and innovation. Such change has created new challenges and ideas for those in the many and varied job roles that the industry has to offer. This creates even greater opportunities for people with the right skills and qualifications to develop a rewarding career in Information and Communication Technology, working with modern tools in a modern working environment.
What is an Apprenticeship in Information Communication Technology?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people either working or wishing to work in information technology, including computer technicians, systems support officers, data systems operators and any role involving a substantial element of IT.
Is it the type of Apprenticeship for me?
In general you will need to be focused, logical, motivated, organised and have an eagerness to learn. You will need to be prepared for a challenge, learn varied tasks thoroughly and work effectively under pressure both individually and as part of a team. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your qualification in information technology.
What will I do?
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Make selective use of information technology
- Effective use of e-mail and the web
- Use spreadsheets to record and manipulate information
- Use IT to prepare, present high quality documents using word processing
- Enter and retrieve information from a data base
- Present information in a range of formats and styles
- Install and upgrade software
- Provide technical advice and guidance
- Test IT systems and problem solve
- Working with hardware and peripheral equipment
- Operate a computer network
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Diploma in IT User Skills (ITQ)(QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills (ITQ)(QCF)
- Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence (PROCOM)(QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence (PROCOM)(QCF)
- Level 2 Award in ICT Systems & Principles for Practitioners (PROCOM)
- Level 3 Award in ICT Systems & Principles for Practitioners (PROCOM)
- Qualifications in English, mathematics and IT
How will CWT support you to gain your qualifications?
- Assist you in securing employment of your choice
- Arrange and appropriate training to develop your knowledge support
- Provide Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to guide and support you
- Undertake quarterly progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
- Offer immediate contact and information through an on-line communication hub
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
ICT Apprenticeships at level 2 will take approximately 12-18 months to complete; with a following 12-24 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact us on 024 7623 1122 or apply online.
Click here to view our success stories
Business & Professional Services Newsletters
Download the February 2014 Business & Professional Services Newsletter here