The Playwork Apprenticeship is aimed at staff working directly with children and young people in a setting whose main purpose is to provide opportunities for freely chosen, self directed play.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although Apprentices are required to be working in a playwork setting with children aged 3 – 16yrs.
The Playwork Diploma is designed for those who work in a variety of settings, after school clubs, holiday play schemes and play centres. Once qualified there are opportunities within management or ownership of a private playwork setting or overseas work as a Children's Rep in a holiday resort.
You will need to be calm, friendly, patient, organised and able to use your own initiative. You will need to be prepared for hard work, a fast learner, flexible and have good communication skills. You will need to work in a playwork setting whose main purpose is to provide opportunities for freely chosen, self directed play with children and young people aged 3 - 16yrs.
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be required to perform a range of tasks which could include:
- Playwork Principles
- Working within a Play Environment with Children and Young People
- Health and Safety in the Play Environment
- Support Relationships in the Play Environment
- Create Play Spaces and Support Freely-Chosen Self-Directed Play
- Safeguarding and Welfare of Children and Young Peoples in the Play Environment
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Playwork
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young People’s Workforce
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce
- PTLS (personal thinking and learning skills)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Qualifications in English and mathematics
How long will it take to gain my qualification?
The course will be delivered over 12 months.
How do I know this is right for me?
For information contact Sophie Florance on 02476 231122 or apply online today.
Early Years Care Newsletters
Download the October 2015 Early Years Care Newsletter here