Apprentice testimonial from Matt Neville, Finance Director at Luxury for Less Ltd:
Matty has worked in the Finance Team of Luxury for Less Ltd for 3 years and has been a pivotal member of the Team, as it has grown and developed alongside the business itself, which has more than doubled in size over that period. As with all businesses that have grown at such a pace, we have needed to make significant changes in the Finance arena to support this business growth.
As well as developing an extensive business decision support capability, we have strengthened our financial and management reporting, as well as our internal control environment. Matty has been an enthusiastic supporter of these developments, evidenced in many ways:
- Heavily involved in the development of a weekly trading report
- Driven significant improvements in our refunds process
- Championed and provided detailed analysis for a retender of our card acquisition services which has delivered an annual saving in excess of £25,000 per annum
- Advocated improvements in our security procedures which has driven a reduction in our annual credit card fraud cost by around £30,000 per annum
He has also been heavily involved in the Company's efforts to drive employee engagement in the Company's successes – he was nominated as a founder member of our employee forum, in which he has been very active, he has established himself as a well-known and respected member of the wider organisation team as a result. All of this is on top of his day to day duties in the Finance Team and whilst progressing through his final AAT qualification Level 4.
Matty's willingness to go above and beyond in all aspects of the business recently earned him the honour of being named our inaugural BathEmpire "Bomb" (our quarterly employee award), for which he earned shopping vouchers and the right to park his car in a designated space next to the staff entrance for the next three months.
Apprenticeships deliver for businesses and help them grow by:
- Reducing training and recruitment costs
- Increasing productivity and your bottom line
- Developing a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- Improving customer service results
- Providing financial return on investment
For more information about how your busines can benefit from Apprenticeships speak to our Recruitment Team by calling 024 7623 1122.
Share this page