Apprenticeships are a great way of creating a flexible workforce for the future, with young people who bring fresh talent and ideas to your organisation. What’s more, taking on an Apprentice couldn’t be easier. As one of the largest providers of Apprenticeships in Coventry and Warwickshire, CWT Chamber Training has a wealth of expertise on hand.
You could also take advantage of a government incentive to encourage thousands of small firms that do not currently employ Apprentices to take on a young person aged 16 to 24. The incentive is for employers with less than 50 staff and comprises a payment of £1,500. It is available to firms recruiting an Apprentice for the very first time or who have not recruited an Apprentice within the last 12 months.
For more information on the National Apprenticeship Service website please click here.
Which employers are eligible to receive this new AGE 16 to 24 payment?
The incentive is for employers with less than 50 staff. Medium and large employers (more than 50 employees) are not eligible for support through this initiative.
It is expected that most employers will want to access AGE 16 to 24 to support the recruitment of one Apprentice. However subject to availability and your commitment to supporting the Apprentice to the end of their learning, up to 5 grants can be made to any one employer.
What is an employer’s commitment?
You will sign an agreement which will include:
- Confirmation of the Apprentices they will be taking on as a result of this incentive (to a max of 5).
- Confirmation that they wouldn’t have taken the Apprentice on without the incentive.
- A commitment to employ the Apprentice for at least the time it takes to achieve the Apprenticeship framework. If they fail to do this, some or all the wage allowance will be clawed back.
- Agreement to pay the minimum Apprenticeship wage of £3.40 per hour – although this is a minimum and most employers pay more.
- Confirmation that they have not taken on an Apprentice in the previous 12 months.
For more information, please contact the Recruitment Team today
on 024 7623 1122 or firstname.lastname@example.org